Monday, May 18, 2015

Wishing You Happy Birthday Card

The other day I went through my stash of cards that I've made and found out, I only had 1 birthday card. I just don't make a whole lot of birthday cards it seems, so I'm going to start making more so I can send out birthday cards to people.

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. The challenge is to make a card using the color swatch and any SSS products.

The paper comes from American Crafts Shimelle 6x6 paper pad. I was really excited when I found this in my stash, because it has almost all the colors that the challenge was for. Plus, I also love it when a patterned paper can do a lot of the work for you.
I die cut the Wishing sentiment using the wishing die from SSS, I cut it out 5 times and glued one on top of the other for dimension. I also added some clear Wink of Stella shimmer on the sentiment, you can kind of see it in the picture. The rest of the sentiment is also from SSS, it comes in the Wishing stamp set, I stamped it in Versa mark and then white heat embossed it so it could stand out. I then added some sequins for some sparkle.

Supplies:
American Crafts Shimelle 6x6
Wishing

3 comments:

  1. I am absolutely delighted to see how you used the colored card stock! Love the pairing of the SSS die and fresh clean take on this challenge! I can see the Wink of Stella shimmer :) Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Inspiration Color Swatch” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - thanks for sharing on Google

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the coloured card stock. I tried on a smaller scale and just couldn't get it so went totally different direction. You really nailed it.

    ReplyDelete