Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day Card Post 4

Alright, I have only three more cards of my Mother's Day cards. I did make more, but I didn't photograph them for some stupid reason. Silly me.





I just love the way this card turned out, I used the Tim Holz Stampers Anonymous Garden Flower set and Rangers Liquid Platinum embossing powder. It's not exactly balanced, but I love the way the embossing powder looks on this ivory card stock. This idea could make some lovely wedding invitation cards, etc.




This is a shaker card, which was inspired by Nichol Mcgouirk. I was looking for some ideas, and she just happened to upload a video on YouTube, that had a blue background and vase with flowers. I did use black embossing powder on the lamp, to add a little something. I like that this is a simple card layout, but it doesn't look like it's missing something.




This is my last Mother's day card I made for this year. I have a lot of friends who do not have children yet, but they do have pets, and lets face it, pets are part of the family. I used the Simon Says Stamp Pawprints on Our Hearts set for the back ground, I did use some Simon Says Stamp detail clear embossing powder, as I wanted the background to stand out a little more. I also used the Lawn Fawn birthday tags and stamp set for the tags. The puppy is a stamp from Some Odd Girl, the set is called Spot, I just fell in love with the cute puppy image.

On a side note, the friend that I sent this card to yelled at me after she received it. She and her husband have fertility issues, so I knew that Mother's day would be a hard day for her. So I did write a quick note, just letting her know how much I admired and loved her. She then yelled at me and started crying, which made me cry. She really tries to seem tough and ok about a lot of things, but deep down she's a total softy.

I think it's important to not forget about those in our lives who don't have children on Mother's and Father's day. Those days can be hard for the ones who are unable to have kids, but really want them. And a lot of them compensate by having kids with four legs and fur, and to acknowledge that can mean the world to them.

All right getting off my soap box now.



1 comment:

  1. That top one is really pretty! I want to try some shaker cards one of these days. And I got one of those doggy cards!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete