Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day Cards Post 1

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything. I'm trying to actually send out cards that I make, so I have a lot of Mother's day cards to share. I've been trying new techniques and color combos, to see what I like and what I don't like. I am only going to post 2 cards per blog post, just to keep it simple and not create a 20 page post.

The first card I have to share is the one below. I used two Simon Says Stamp card kits, I use the February and March 2015 kits. The card stock and pattern paper comes from the February card kit.



I loved the subtle triangle background on it. The flowers are from the Flowers on my Mind stamp set that came with the March card kit. I stamped them on vellum using Versa mark Ink and then used Recollections detail white embossing powder. I like the really simple feminine look of the flowers this way. For the sentiment I used the SSS Happy Birthday die, but on the happy. I die cut it out of plain white card stock 3 times and a soft pink card stock once. I then layered them together to add dimension. The written sentiment is from my computer, I chose a font I liked, and printed if off and then made a fish-tale banner.

Supplies:
Flowers on My Mind
Happy Birthday Die

My next Mother's day card, I again used the same SSS Flowers on My Mind stamp set. I really liked the black and yellow color scheme of the March Kit, and decided to run with it.

I also used the SSS Envelope Sentiment stamp set for the bow, and then drew in the small horizontal string with a black marker. Again I used a sentiment that I printed out, and the Happy stamp from SSS Holiday Sentiments. I then used fun foam to pop up the two side panels.




No comments:

Post a Comment