Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Journey Art Journal Page

This is one of my first attempts of art journaling. I've made some that turned out really bad, and some ok. This is the first one I think turned out really well.


The quote is "The Journey isn't over, it just changed course". I used the Tim Holtz. Postal Idea-Ology tissue paper. I glued that all down using Liquitex Gloss gel, you can get a matte gel, but I like the sheen of the gloss on my projects.
After the tissue paper was dry, I used some Tim Holtz Distress paints in Mustard Seed and Rusty hinge and the tissue paper.
I then stamped the arrow border using the My Mind's Eye Snapshot stamp set, and Ranger Archival Sepia ink. Because the Sepia ink was light, I then traced over the arrows with one of my Faber-Castel PITT brush pens in brown. I used a Heidi Swap stencil and Liquitex Modeling paste for the white arrows; I couldn't find a link to the exact stencil I used, but I did link to one that is similar.
For the quote I used Lawn Fawn's Quinn's ABC's to cut out some Recollection brown card stock, and then used a small alphabet stamp for the smaller letters. I don't know where I got the small alphabet stamp set, or what the brand is. I think it's just one of those inexpensive sets you can get at any craft store.
I also free-hand cut the brown card stock arrows, and glued them down with the Liquitex Gloss Gel.

Overall, I think it turned out nice.


Links
Ideaology Tissue Paper, Postal
Liquitex Gloss Gel
Distress Paint Mustard Seed
Distress Paint Rusty Hinge
Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pens
Ranger Archival Ink Sepia
MME Cut and Paste Stamp-Snapshots
Lawn Fawn Quinn's ABC's
Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
Heidi Swapp Stencil

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I suck at art journaling worse than card making! Lol! But I still attempt it once it awhile! This one is way cool

    ReplyDelete