Monday, December 15, 2014

Co-Worker Christmas Gifts

I finally figured out what I was going to do for the traditional Co-worker Christmas gifts. I don't know about you, but I sometimes have a hard time deciding on what to give. I don't bake, so baking cookies is out of the question. And making homemade caramel sounds like a bad idea, I think I would want to eat all the caramel instead of giving it away.

This year I decided to do a simple card inspired gift.

It's the size of an A2 card, but I made it into a pocket to hold a packet of hot chocolate mix. I don't have the name of the paper line I used, But I will make sure I update this post with all that wonderful information.I have about 20 co-workers, so I made 20 different cards.

Update: The paper line I used was DCWV Candy Cane Lane, it was the 12x12 stack I used, so it came with the different tags and cards that you can see on the packs. That's one of the nice things about using a 12x12 paper pad, you know everything will coordinate beautifully, but also, you get a couple pages of tags and cards.

As for how I made the pockets, I used Recollections 110 lb white card stock and cut it down to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch, side folding card. I then cut a couple strips of scratch paper to about 1 x 2 1/2 inches and 1 x 1/2 inches. I scored the small pieces of paper in half lengthwise and used them to close the card. It's kind of difficult to explain, so I will post some pictures later.
For the flap, I don't have an exact measurement. I put the envelope piece in my Martha Stewarts' score board, so that the paper would be at an angle, and scored at where I though would be a good place. Not really scientific, sorry.
I chose some papers from the paper pad, and cut all those down, to sizes I would need. For the plain red paper in the back I cut it down to 4 x 3 1/2 inches, no need to cut the paper to the whole 5 inches, no one will see it anyway, and it's a good way to stretch your supplies. I then cut 4 1/8 x 3 1/2 inches squares, and made them into triangles, I only used one square for each card, because I wanted the card to look like there was patterned paper on the inside. I also cut a large panel for the front, and chopped off a bit of the right corner, so there wasn't any bulk.
Putting together these were pretty easy, I created an assembly line, so I wasn't spending a lot of time on each one.

I think they turned out pretty cute, for putting them together late Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment