Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Merry Christmas Polar Bear



I just love this image from Drawn with Character by Krista Heij-Barber.

I first printed the image out on Recollections 60 lb white card stock. I then die cut the image, 
using my Sizzix circle dies, I'm not sure on the circle size, but I think it's about 3 1/2". 
I then colored the image in using a variety of alcohol markers. Before coloring, I did choose 
my patterned paper, to make sure the colors matched. Copic Markers. Reds: R35, R29, R39;
 Greens G20, G21, G24. Black 100 for the nose. To shade the polar bear I used the Prismacolor
 Premier maker in PB-79, Brick White. I then outlined around the image using the Spectrum
Noir BT1, just to make the white parts look more white. 
For the patterned paper I used The Paper Studio's Woodland Wonderland 6x6 paper pad. 
I used the slightly larger Sizzix die, about 4", to make a mate for the image. 
The card base is made from Recollections 110 lb white card stock. For the red patterned paper,
 I created my own pattern using the Simon Says Stamp exclusive stamp Set Candy Cane 
Christmas' holly stamp. I stamped the holly's using Simon Says Stamp School House Red ink, 
for a tone on tone look. 
The sentiment is stamped using Versa mark ink and then heat embossed with Judikins white
 embossing powder. Sentifument comes from the Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful stamp set that 
was part of the November Card Kit. 


1 comment: