Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ice Cream Cone Shaker Birthday Card

I have another birthday card to share.

For this card, I used the SSS Ice Cream Parade Die, and Distress Inks.

I started by cutting the front panel using the SSS Stitched Shapes frame and the Ice Cream Cone parade on white Recollections 110lb cardstock.

I also cut the parade die a 4 more times, so I could build up the dies and create the shaker pockets for the seed beads to go. I used the inside portions of one of the dies and colored the ice cream parts using Distress inks and sponge daubers. I used, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean.

For the cones I used a scrap of brown polka-dot paper. I started by gluing one of the ice cream borders to the card base and then glued the inside pieces in. I layered the rest of the 4 outlines portions on top after that. I added some clear seed beads I picked up from Michael's, and put about 5 in each area. I then glued a piece of acetate to the front panel, added some foam tape and adhered that to the rest of the card.

I then stamped the sentiment using the SSS Handwritten Sentiments and the new Lawn Fawn Fish Tank ink.

If I were to make this card again, I would have forgone cutting the die 5 times and just put the outline on the top of the acetate, so there would be one larger pocket and not 10 small ones.


Supply Links
SSS Handwritten Sentiments
SSS Ice Cream Cone Parade
Lawn Fawn Fish Tank Ink

View card on Instagram: Ice Cream Cone Parade

No comments:

Post a Comment