Friday, November 28, 2014

Christmas Candies


 Hi Everyone, I have another Christmas card that I made using the Simon Says Stamp Christmas Candy Cane stamp set.

The inspiration for the card came from a Recollections paper pad called Jolly Holiday. I've had this paper pap in my collection for a couple years. It has some really cute images in it, and it uses non-traditional Christmas colors. Unfortunately it is no longer available.



I started this card using Recollections 110 lb white card stock, and made an A2 card base.
I measured about 1/2" from the bottom of the card and drew a very faint line with a pencil, to make sure I stamped the images straight. I then took the gum drop candy from the stamp set, and used Color Box pigment ink, in red, pin, orange, yellow, green and purple, and stamped the gum drop along the line. Because I was using pigment ink, and it takes a while to dry, I was able to add some embossing powder to the images. The embossing powder I used is a clear powder with glitter. This made the gum drops look like they had sugar all over them. The embossing powder I used was Recollections Clear Glitz sparkle.

After finishing the gum drops, I eye-balled the measurement for the swirl candies. I didn't do an exact measurement but it is smaller of the little line stamp that was in the stamp set. I then stamped the two small swirl candies from the stamp set, using Color Box Cranberry ink. I then covered the swirl candies in Recollections clear embossing powder, to give those candies that nice shiny look that those candies have.

I masked the swirl candies with some post it tape, and started stamping the little lines, or "toothpicks", from the stamp set. I used Simon Says Stamp Khaki ink for the toothpicks.



For the sentiment I used a sentiment stamp from an old stamp set I had. I'm not sure what the name of the stamp set is, but it is a Recollections brand. I stamped the Merry and Bright sentiment in Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse red ink. I also stamped the small sentiment from the Candy Cane Christmas, on the inside, to finish the card.


This card was a lot of fun to make, and it turned out really cute.


Product Links
SSS Candy Cane Christmas
SSS Schoolhouse Red Ink
Recollections 110 lb White Card Stock
Colorbox Classic Queue Ink Pad
Colorbox Pigment Ink in Cyan
Colorbox Pigment Ink in Cranberry




4 comments:

  1. Love the graphics of your card! Great colors too and would seem not all that challenging to mass produce for Christmas. Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Nichole, so cute and the sparkle is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sparkle! A fun, creative card. Thumbs up on s job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this makes me want gum drops! So cute!

    ReplyDelete